Thursday, February 17, 2011

02/11-02/17

Happy late Valentine's day!!

Man this place never slows down!! I'm sooooooo tired!!! Ha ha.

We're getting close to gettting on out of here! This upcoming tuesday in fact we'll be in Colorado Springs! IT's pretty crazy how fast it goes. We've started a saying here, the days feel like weeks, and the weeks fly by like days. One day feels like and eternity but if you blink too long you've already gone through a whole week.

We sure are still learning a whole lot here, we had the opportunity to practice teaching a person whom we don't know at all, whether or not they're a real investigator or not. It was quite something! Great experiences doing that. 

The guys in my district are awesome. They love to make fun of me... It's alright tho I get them back pretty well usually Last night I almost got into a wrestling match with a Scottish Elder in our zone going to Madagascar (yes, he does have the thick scottish accent). It was a good thing tho, I didn't wanna have to womp him too badly!! Lol

So far in gym this week my head has made the best play. One of my teammates made the second hit on the ball, messed up and made it a line drive right at the top of my head. The cool thing tho was that it bounced right off my head perfectly, went over the net, and we ended up getting the point! It was pretty rad! I always knew having a hard head would pay off. 

Elder Pearson of the seventy spoke to us at a devotional on tuesday and gave an amazing talk!! We called him Jeffrey R. Holland Jr. cause of how powerful he gave his talk. It was quite something to hear. He talked about missionary work, and how to truly become a disciple of Christ. 

We (as a district) got the opportunity to host yesterday to all the new missionaries! It was kind of crazy how just two weeks ago we were the new missionaries in the facility and now we're the experienced guides. It gave me an awesome chance to get to meet the new missionaries, I met two elders and one sister!

I've gotten the chance to meet and get to know the sisters going to Colorado Springs a little bit, and they're hilarious! Sister Ackemon got her Preach my Gospel taken away by her companion like I did cause we were both trying to spin them on our fingers haha

Well I think that's it for now, and next letter will be from colorado springs! Good luck with all of any of your trials, and I know that this work is ordained of our father in heaven!

Much love,
Elder Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment